NASCAR Now: Wild Card Chase
Our experts get to have their contend any Tuesday, debating a week’s blazing questions in a Turn 4 wrangle.
Now it’s Your Turn.
We’re going to name one hot-button subject any week and let y’all have during it. We entice we to expel your opinion in a concomitant check and afterwards drive down to a Conversations territory subsequent and tell us since we voted a approach we did.
Prefer Twitter? You can twitter your response regulating a hashtag #ESPNYourTurn.
We will collect a tip tweets and many enchanting comments and tell them below. Check behind via a day to see if yours gets posted.
This week’s question: Will Kyle Busch redeem from Sunday’s catastrophic final path during Watkins Glen and still make a Chase?
Busch, remember, was a initial motorist to take a white dwindle in a Finger Lakes 355. But he mislaid traction on a highway march — and in a Sprint Cup standings — when he got into some oil. Brad Keselowski bumped him out of a way, environment adult Keselowski’s jaw-dropping, last-lap duel with contingent leader Marcos Ambrose. Busch finished adult seventh.
A feat during a Glen would have been outrageous for Busch. It would have given him dual wins and cemented his mark in a second and final wild-card position. Now, with 4 races to go before a Chase cutoff, he is fighting for his playoff life.
So what contend you, NASCAR Nation? Will Rowdy arise to a occasion?
Now have during it
#ESPNYourTurn @kylebusch [will] NOT recover. This is about a time any year where his deteriorate starts to tumble apart. #NASCAR
— groundpounders (@groundpounders) Aug. 15, 2012
@martysmithespn @kylebusch will redeem yet a doubt, a genuine doubt is will his apparatus recover? #ESPNYourTurn
— Denise Kasten(@Denise18Kasten) Aug. 15, 2012
Kyle Busch will not recover. He’s not mentally or emotionally clever adequate in my opinion, so we trust Gordon will get a WC
— Logan Reardon (@LoganReardon20) Aug. 15, 2012
#ESPNYourTurn @kylebusch difinetly has a possibility to get in Chase..Michigan Bristol and Richmond are all marks he’s good at.
— Mike T (@ktowntex) Aug. 15, 2012
Going to contend that Kyle Busch buckles underneath vigour and misses a Chase.
— Allen Bedgood (@Bedgood5) Aug. 15, 2012
#ESPNYourTurn @kylebusch will positively redeem only wait and see. Real doubt is can #NASCAR redeem from their blatant subjectivism?
— Alan (@am8511) Aug. 15, 2012
@kylebusch will not recover. Jeff Gordon is gaining belligerent any week. Hendrick Power!!! #ESPNYourTurn
— Brock Aaron Mcghee (@BM2448) August 15, 2012
#ESPNYourTurnYeshe comes behind from adversity
— Cathy (@kerplunk123) Aug. 15, 2012
Follow a ESPN.com organisation on Twitter: Terry Blount | Joe Breeze | K. Lee Davis/ESPN Motorsports | Ed Hinton | Ryan McGee | David Newton | Marty Smith | Matt Willis
• txtechjmacattack — Kyle Busch is copiousness able of creation a Chase. A integrate of his best marks — Bristol and Richmond — still distortion ahead. The problem is, this isn’t a time of year when he historically performs good and wins races, and a final time a 18 organisation went into Richmond with a Chase mark on a line in 2009, they mislaid it to Brian Vickers. If I’m going to trust this organisation in a big, high-pressure spot, they’re going to have to uncover they can lift it off, first.
• SeanRomeo — The 18 is an engaging case. They can be a many widespread automobile out there like during Richmond, or they can mangle some partial and be done. Personally we consider not. Gordon has been quick newly and his reticent fitness has to finish progressing or later! Plus he has been some-more unchanging a whole year, if it weren’t for his terrible luck.
• 01AMGFan — Yes, Kyle Busch can make a Chase. The final wild-card mark is about winning, and that’s something that Kyle can utterly presumably do, generally during Bristol or Richmond. Ryan Newman and Gordon have wins, yet we don’t see them winning again before a Chase starts. The 24 and 39 got victories in flattering peculiar circumstances, and have lacked a speed to win. Whereas Busch can honestly competition for wins with genuine race-winning speedif those TRD motors reason up!
Joey Logano is still operative on his destiny while Sam Hornish Jr. is not feeling vigour auditioning for a 22-Cup ride.
• pfoote14 — Remember, this is Kyle Busch we are articulate about. Not Carl Edwards. Kyle is always fast, everywhere. All it takes is ONE week for zero to go wrong and he can put a automobile in feat lane. He is too gifted and has too most during interest to not find a approach to scratch his approach into a chase. Not to discuss he has a win during all of a subsequent 4 tracks, and he should be deliberate a favorite during Richmond, where he won progressing this year.
• welaf — Kyle has a passion and he is starting to know how to flue that passion in a certain way. we consider he can do it. He is not my favorite motorist yet he has a skills to get something finished in a subsequent few weeks.
• rbartus88 — He and Denny have had a speed, only have been victimized by accidents or automatic failures. He will win during slightest one of a subsequent 4 races to competition himself in as these are good marks for him. He can’t presumably blow adult or pile-up all 4 races can he?
• CANUCKVILLE10 — Absolutely not. Rowdy is accurately what is scrape name states. He has a legitimate shot with a races that are left before a follow yet Kyle doesn’t seem to hoop a adversity all that well. we unequivocally wish he can get ‘r finished since a follow yet him wouldn’t seem right. JGR as a whole have had a ton of engine/mechanical issues all year and this will also play a vital member in his chances. Good fitness yet Rowdy.
• BiGeNeM 2 — we privately trust that Kyle’s best shot is during bristol, yet we don’t see him creation it in a Chase this year. Even yet Kyle has grown some he is still his possess misfortune rivalry as well. And once again that will be his downfall.
• archereagle — Kyle is customarily a streaky driver. He ran good on sunday, yet only could not sign a deal. we would not be astounded if he won another competition or even dual before a chase.
• andrewjohn329 — Can he? Yes! Will he? No! we consider there will be to most going on emotionally after what happened during The Glen. we also trust that JGR has been to unsuitable as an classification with all of a automatic issues and blown engines this year. There is some-more operative opposite Kyle than there is operative for him during this point. Doesn’t demeanour good right now.
• Professor Luri — we wouldn’t be happy to see a Chase yet Kyle in it, yet he is lacking some of a movement from prior years and his engine-powertrain problems continue to reason him back. As for Gordon, we consider he’ll squeeze better from a jaws of feat again and so be listed as MIA. Menard is a spoiler, Ambrose is weaker on ovals.
• phishphan70 — Rowdy gripping his mouth shut, even with Marty Smith barking in his ear, valid he competence only be sappy a bit, that would unequivocally assistance his chances. we consider he’s top-3 tallent correct in NSCS, and can clap off 1, if not 2 some-more wins.
• Incognito88—10 — Obviously he will have a shot during both Richmond and Bristol, yet that organisation has had so many automatic problems this year we can’t see them going 4 races yet carrying one issue. we consider it will come down to a win or your out understanding during Richmond.
• Smoke a KING of World of Outlaws — No, he won’t make it since of dual things: Way too inconsistent; too many Toyota blow ups.
• miller_time52 — we opinion no due to his craziness and that fact that he is substantially a ticking time explosve during this point.
• Kid_67y — we have no doubt Kyle can recover. But, a bigger questions is will his equipment? How many motors has he mislaid this year? How most is Kyle removing it finished on a lane or his apparatus vouchsafing him down? Going behind to MIS where he mislaid a engine and a ATL could be another “motor blowing” track. we have no doubt Kyle has a talent yet bigger issues during JGR for all a drivers. So, we contend no.
• Foster 1982 — we don’t consider he creates a chase. we know he can win during only about any track, yet a JGR cars and engines are not adult to standard during a moment. Too many DNFs and subpar performances will harm this team. Gordons been too consistant newly and will make a chase. Last path during a Glenn aside, they are using unequivocally good along with a rest of HMS.
• More on ESPN Conversations.
You must be logged in to post a comment.