Posted by admin
on Mar 21, 2012 in Wireless Mobile
| 0 comments
The AOKP plan has been adding some new upheld inclination lately, as some-more and some-more people pier new AOKP-based ROMs formed on a latest Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich update. One of a latest additions to a AOKP’s family of upheld inclination is a Motorola Droid Bionic, that has perceived an AOKP ROM port, interjection to a guys during XDA Developers.
For those of we who are new with AOKP, it is indeed a entirely open source AOSP-based ROM that facilities softened opening and full control of customization interjection to a built in ROM control mod that gives users a leisure to do whatever they wish with their devices.
AOKP is still underneath complicated growth with famous bugs and some facilities still now non-functional. This ROM for a Droid Bionic is still in a beta stages so it is not advisable for daily use, as it might pile-up your phone anytime of a day. Proceed with additional counsel if we endorse to implement this ROM.
If we still wish to try a AOKP ROM for a Droid Bionic, continue reading to learn how we can implement it on your Motorola Droid Bionic.
- Install a SafeStrap app on your Droid Bionic so we can implement ClockworkMod Recovery. For help, see a beam for installing Safestrap on a Droid Bionic.
- Rooted Motorola Droid Bionic with ClockworkMod Recovery installed
- Backup of your personal phone data.
- Fully charged battery or during slightest 70% battery left.
- Download a latest chronicle of a AOKP ROM for a Droid Bionic from here (cm_targa-ota-eng.Travo.Cadavo.zip, 124.01 MB) and save it to your PC.
- Download a latest GApps (Google Apps) package from here (ICS_MOTO_4.0.4_GAPPS_02_17_2012.zip, 59.3 MB) and save it to your PC.
- Connect your Droid Bionic to your PC around USB cable.
- Copy a dual downloaded ZIP files into a base of your phone’s outmost SD card.
- Switch off your phone.
- Reboot a phone into liberation mode. If we have SafeStrap liberation installed, press a Menu symbol as shortly as a dash shade shows up. When in liberation mode, use a Volume buttons to navigate and a Power symbol to name an item.
- Make a Nandroid Backup of your existent ROM. If anything should occur to your device we can simply revive behind to a prior state. To perform a Nandroid backup, name “Backup and Restore” and afterwards name “Backup” on a subsequent shade that follows.
- Wipe your phone information as follows:
- Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” afterwards endorse a clean on a shade that follows.
- Select “Wipe Cache Partition” afterwards endorse a clean cache assign on a shade that follows.
- From a categorical menu, name “Advanced”, afterwards name “Wipe Dalvik Cache” afterwards endorse wiping a cache on a shade that follows.
- Return to a categorical liberation menu.
- Select “install zip from sdcard”, afterwards name “choose zip from sdcard”. Browse for a AOKP ROM record that we copied to a phone earlier. Confirm that we wish to peep a file. Wait about 5 to 10 mins for a ROM to finish installing. Repeat this same step for a GApps package.
- Select “go back” to conduct behind to a categorical liberation menu.
- Select “reboot complement now” to restart your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully commissioned a AOKP-based Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich ROM on your Motorola Droid Bionic.
SOURCES XDA Developers Forum
Upgrade HTC Droid Incredible to Android 4.0 with ICS-Deck AOKP ROM Unofficial CM9 for Droid Bionic Emerges. Gets You Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich! Upgrade Samsung Captivate I897 to Android 4.0.3 ICS AOKP Build 27 Is a Droid Bionic Update Right Around a Corner? Could Ice Cream Sandwich Be Next?
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.