´╗┐ Google: Android Jelly Bean adoption eclipses Ice Cream Sandwich | Wifi Walker, J B Chaparal Properties

Google: Android Jelly Bean adoption eclipses Ice Cream Sandwich

More inclination now run Android Jelly Bean 4.1.x and 4.2.x than a prior Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.x, Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) reports.

Based on information collected during a 14-day duration final May 1, 26.1 percent of inclination now run Android Jelly Bean 4.1.x and another 2.3 percent run Jelly Bean 4.2.x, analogous to a total 28.4 percent, adult from 23 percent a month ago. Android Ice Cream Sandwich slipped from 29.3 percent to 27.5 percent. Android Gingerbread 2.3.x stays a widespread OS chronicle during 38.5 percent, slipping from 39.8 percent final month.

Operators updated a series of high-profile Android inclination to Jelly Bean in April. Verizon Wireless (NYSE:VZ) upgraded Motorola Mobility’s Droid Bionic; ATT Mobility (NYSE:T) overhauled LG’s Optimus G and Samsung’s Galaxy S II Skyrocket; and Sprint Nextel (NYSE:S) updated Samsung’s Galaxy S II, Galaxy Victory 4G LTE and Motorola Photon Q.

Google now supports 9 opposite active versions of Android, dating behind to Android 1.6, nicknamed Donut, by to Android 4.2.x. The association recently revised a proceed to measuring Android handling complement chronicle adoption: In a past, Google gathered information on a commission of inclination using a given chronicle of Android by collecting check-ins on a servers, though now it collects information from any Android device that visits a Google Play digital storefront, earnest developers a some-more accurate mural of a Android ecosystem as a whole.

For more:
– revisit Google’s Android Developers Dashboard

 Related articles:
Google revamps Android adoption measurement, reports Jelly Bean spike
Rumor Mill: Google to betray Android 4.3 during I/O 2013, Key Lime Pie delayed
Android Key Lime Pie trickle points to open release
Android, iOS energy record-high 92 percent of smartphone shipments in Q4
Google’s Schmidt: Android winning a mobile fight opposite Apple

´╗┐

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.